1) Marketing Product Line: What each product is and isn’t
IS: A must have online marketing baseline for every website consisting of 4 key areas: the research of relevant search phrases (by region), things we do to the website (optimization), things we do to the server itself (config’s, authentications), and things we do on the internet (submissions).
ISN’T: A guaranteed top spot. This product also takes time to fully work it’s magic, minor results will start in a couple weeks, but will really take 3+ months for full effect to take place.
- Website must be either built by Gogiro, or transferred to our platform. We do not do this for third-party hosted sites.
- Really positioned and built for the small business segment; larger complex websites or highly competitive online businesses must take a much deeper, more comprehensive approach.
- Clients are setup with a Google+ Page (which is new Map listing), where they can post relevant info and keep updated. Google looks as the more activity on this profile, the better.
Submit Engine Product
IS: This helps create backlinks to the site, and is a great way to supplement existing online marketing activity with fresh content posted around the internet, relevant to the clients business.
ISN’T: A replacement for SEO products. If the client has no alternative to transfer their site in, this will at least help with any existing site optimization efforts the client has done previously.
- 3 phrases targeted in each Submit Engine campaign; can be search terms, products, news events, other…
- Clients can run these repeatedly, with new content posted online each time.
Traffic Builder Product
IS: An alternative to our SEO product, and a great way for clients to generate traffic from targeting many search phrases across different locations. We essentially build mini websites that are optimized to come up high for a targeted search phrase, in a targeted area. This takes time, so we use paid advertising to complement and provide a baseline dose of visitors.
ISN’T: SEM or pay-per-click Google Ad campaigns.
- Traffic Builder performance is largely based on SEO, so many times they may not work and as such should be treated as a campaign rather than individual products.
- Rather than running 1 Pro traffic builder, start with 3 basic’s and measure the results. Make a decision to enhance one to Pro after 3 months of monitoring.
- Traffic Builder’s treated as a campaign will work in many ways for a client; they can benefit from having multiple paid ads and multiple organic spots pop-up in the same search result.
- Whereas SEO can work effectively for a few search phrases, Traffic Builders can provide exposure to unlimited amounts.
2) Best Practises on Traffic Builder
This is a collection of best practises around the Traffic Builder product line which is derived from the common features of several highly successful campaigns, and the missing features of some dud’s.
a) Treat as a campaign, rather than individual products
Due to the nature of how traffic builders target seo results, there is a hit-and-miss quality we are noticing – although the hits are much more than misses. Here’s a recommended approach:
- Start by identifying a monthly budget with your customer
- Structure the proposal to targeting 4, 6, 8… Basic Traffic Builders to start (not business or pro’s)
- Monitor the first 3 months results
- At 3 month point, let’s optimize the campaign (within the same budget). We can drop non-performers, and increase budgets on good ones, or try some new phrases with Basic campaigns
- Do same thing at 6 month, 9 months, etc…
b) Do your research
If the research isn’t helping, be more broad – but do not select a term that isn’t searched at all. If you are selecting a broad term, target the area and try to provide a descriptive Ad. I’ve tried some software called Market Samurai (http://www.marketsamurai.com/) that helps with research, but basically does exact same stuff Google Keywords Tool does in a different interface. If you download Market Samurai (it’s free), they will spam you with offers, but don’t upgrade because you don’t need the extra features.
c) Traffic Builder Landing Page
We will continue to base the page from the clients home page, but with altered content and text. IF you would like to alter the content to be more phrase specific, please send prior to us doing the optimization work. We can remove top level navigation links on the traffic builder page in order to limit where visitors are funnelled to (see next point).
d) Referral URL
Please consider specifying a particular page within the client’s site to funnel traffic to that would help convert traffic, or provide a reason to call / act (maybe a special promo).
3) Introduction of New Features for Traffic Builder
a) 50% discounted SETUP price on Campaigns
When ordering multiple traffic builders at the same time, for the same client, it is easier to provision and more effective. To help encourage ordering on a campaign basis, as of today Gogiro will discount the setup fee’s 50% on any multiple orders at same time for same client.
b) 1 Target Phrase + 2 Variations
Select a Target Phrase (as usual) and include a couple variations of that phrase. You can still run campaigns on those variations, and are encouraged too – DO NOT REPLACE a campaign with a variation of the phrase, as this will not double results, it will only incrementally help. We are gaining better traction to the paid component of the campaigns when introducing a couple variations. Make sure the variations include same/similar words and are being searched for.
GOOD Example Campaigns:
Campaign Target Phrase Area Variation 1 Variation 2
NY Concrete Repairs NY New York Concrete Repair How to repair concrete
New York Foundation Repair NY NY Foundation Repair Foundation Repair
Okanagan Golf Courses Okanagan Kelowna Golf Courses best golf courses Okanagan
Kelowna Golfing Okanagan Golfing in Kelowna Okanagan Golfing
Campaign Target Phrase Area Variation 1 Variation 2
NY Concrete Repairs NY NY Stucco NY Chimney Repair
New York Foundation Repair NY New York Concrete Repair New York Drainage
Okanagan Golf Courses Okanagan Okanagan Activities Calloway Clubs Okanagan
Kelowna Printers Okanagan Business Cards Kelowna Promo Suppliers
c) PRO Traffic Builder – 1 Phrase + 2 Variations
Whereas we were before targeting 2 phrases on the Pro, we are essentially expanding that with the above ‘Variations’, so will now e 1 target phrase + 2 variations.